Right now I’m sitting in a yoga studio turned coffee shop, sipping an Americano, and just squeezed my hubs after he bought me a doughnut for our “morning-plan-our-week-date.” In a few hours I’ll head home to my muffin, and a prettttty messy house, but I’ll be greeted by beach air and a little quote that hangs above my couch saying, “In a Gentle Way, You Can Shake The World.” And then I might cry.
1) Because I cry a lot (my husband calls me “Leaky”).
2) Because, holy crap. I did it.
A few years ago I wrote out my “manifesto” and it included a few very important things:
1) A daily routine of morning dates with the hubs, early afternoons with my babes, and cute coffee shop work sessions… freedom in any schedule I wanted.
2) A job that let me enjoy fancy airplanes while also have meaningful conversations with people in my pajamas, all while making a real difference.
3) Annnnnnd an organic herb garden on my front porch.
I wrote this down in our 400 squarefoot San Francisco apartment — and what started as a dream, turned into a full blown reality (minus the herb garden… hey - we can’t have it all, right?).
Here’s what I want you to know:
- I didn’t have ANY CLUE what I wanted to do when I started out… seriously… no clue.
- I majored in Agricultural Business, worked at a Chiropractor's office, and only had skills in baking cookies & drinking wine.
- And now, I've worked with some of the best companies (FB & Twitter) and the best brands (Nintendo, CocaCola, Lauren Conrad) out there (who p.s. are currently hiring!) and I get do stuff that makes me feel ridiculously happy every. single. day.
THIS is what my training is about… the exact emails, phone calls, steps I took to make my dreams a reality. Because sure it’s surreal, but not THAT crazy… there are simple steps to help expedite the process that every woman should know. Sign up here to get the goods.
Find Your Next Job in 30 Days
- 3 Reasons 2018 is the best time to make a Career Jump (and how to do it)
- 3 of the Best Places to Look for Jobs (You Haven't thought of Yet)
- 5 Stories of how people got their foot in the door to dream companies
- Why 30 Days is all the time you need to Find a Career You Love
- Plus: Email, Resume, LinkedIn Templates to get you started tonight